Subject: [xacml] OPA

Hi all,

I was wondering if there was further discussions and conclusions in the TC on OPA after Davidâs mail and the meeting on the 24 of May 2018 in the TC.

The meeting minutes say:

Open Policy Agent (OPA)

  David:

   I mentioned on the list about the OPA coming on the scene. Would be we open to a

   presentation by them? They are working on a concise language. It could be interesting

   as an input in considering XACML v4.

  Martin:

   I looked at this and it looks to be code-like in nature.

  Hal:

   I am going to want to check with Oasis on this. This may invoke some IPR steps before

   the TC can do this. ACTION ITEM

I do see more and more people jumping on that train â see below. Guess the OPA as well as XACML community could profit from a collaboration.

BR Jan

PS: Happy new year 😉

With best regards,
Dr. Jan Herrmann

Senior Key Expert Authorization Technologies
Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Research in Digitalization and Automation
Security Architecture
mailto:jan.herrmann@siemens.com
www.siemens.com/ingenuityforlife

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Jim Hagemann Snabe; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Janina Kugel, Cedrik Neike, Michael Sen, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment thereof contain corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system. Thank you.

OPA Adopters: https://github.com/open-policy-agent/opa/blob/master/ADOPTERS.md

OPA Integrations:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n94_FNhuzy4&feature=youtu.be

OPA Gatekeeper in Kubernetes: https://kubernetes.io/blog/2019/08/06/opa-gatekeeper-policy-and-governance-for-kubernetes/ (collaboration of Microsoft, Google, Red Hat, Styra)