Subject: Re: [xcbf] Initial drafts of all deliverables

----- Forwarded by Tyky Aichelen/San Jose/IBM on 03/29/02 11:32 AM -----

                      Tyky Aichelen
                                               To:      Paul Thorpe <thorpe@oss.com>
                      03/29/02 11:13 AM        cc:
                                               From:    Tyky Aichelen/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
                                               Subject: Re: [xcbf] Initial drafts of all deliverables(Document link: Tyky
                                               Aichelen)

Great! So we have Paul and I among the volunteering hosts, on West and East
coasts.
It would be nice if we can map out tentative Face-to-Face schedule for the
rest of 2002,
since people would need planning ahead and time for travel request approval
which can
be lengthy in some companies.
Yes, I agree, we wait and make suggestions to Phil.
Phil, where are you? Are you back yet from Barcelona?

Tyky.

                      Paul Thorpe
                      <thorpe@oss.com>         To:       xcbf <xcbf@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                               cc:
                      03/29/02 10:59 AM        Subject:  Re: [xcbf] Initial drafts of all deliverables

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Tyky Aichelen wrote:

> Hi Team,
> Happy upcoming Easter to you all!
> It is is quiet out there! If we want to meet our stated deadline of May
30
> for "Initials drafts of all deliverables", we need to get going.
> When is our mtg #2? To speed up, we may consider to meet in persons in a
> one-or-two-full-day session to agree on the skeletons of those initial
> drafts, and nail them down in writing. Once agreed and written down, we
can
> divide up the chapters writing work, assignable to each of us. This one,
we
> can do it, each at our own pace and location.
> I can be the host for our next face-to-face mtg, if you, folks, do not
mind
> traveling to IBM site in San Jose (Northern California).
> Does anyone have an alternative?

OSS can also host face-to-face meetings in Somerset, NJ, but I expected
much of the initial work to be done via email and conference calls.

> I am polling to see how many of us in XCBF are interested in quartely
> face-to-face working sessions and can travel.

I have no problem traveling when we do need face-to-face sessions.  I will
wait for a response from Phil Griffin to indicate his proposed meeting
schedule in order to meet the deadlines.

Paul