Subject: Re: [xcbf] Initial drafts of all deliverables

No. I am the original author of the ASN.1 in X9.84.
I am the editor, and will be the original author of
anything ASN.1 or XML related that goes into X9.96.

That is not to say that I do not seek X9s blessing.
And it does not alleviate the need to properly cite
anything from any standard that we use text from,
which I'm sure you are aware and will take care of.

I have not signed away any copyrights to my work,
but I did contribute the ASN.1 to X9 with the intent
that they publish the work. And we wish to create a
derivative work that uses this material, so I have
asked the X9 Secretariat for permission to do so.

More importantly, I wish for X9 to agree to publish
any errata that we develop doing XCBF, and to consider
our revised ASN.1 schema and XML markup in future
revisions of X9.84.

Phil