Subject: Re: [xcbf] X9.84 Revision

Bancroft Scott wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Phil Griffin wrote:
>

>>Bancroft,
>>
>>Appreciate the help. I've been solely focused on the
>>design of the X9.84 revision that I've neglected to
>>update the schema modules. Best to wait on checking
>>the CMS module until I update it to conform with the
>>latest X9.73/IETF work.
>>
>>But here's the base X9.84 code with supporting stubs
>>and OID module that compiles using your ASN.1 schema
>>checker with no errors.
>>
>>Please verify that my results can be duplicated and
>>post your results to this list.
>>

> Yes, it compiles cleanly, with the exception of the following two
> informatory (not error!) messages:
>
>    OSS ASN.1 Compiler Version 5.4
>    Copyright (C) OSS Nokalva, Inc. 1989-2002.  All rights reserved.
>
>    "test94.asn", line 603 (X9-84-Identifiers): C0381I: The ObjectSet
>    'SHA-Algorithms' is not referenced in a table constraint, and is not
>    referenced by any Object or ObjectSet, or is referenced by an Object or
>    ObjectSet which is not referenced in a table constraint.
>
>    "test94.asn", line 659 (X9-84-Identifiers): C0381I: The ObjectSet
>    'EllipiticCurves' is not referenced in a table constraint, and is not
>    referenced by any Object or ObjectSet, or is referenced by an Object or
>    ObjectSet which is not referenced in a table constraint.
>
>    C0043I: 0 error messages issued, 2 warning or informatory messages issued.
>
> In the finished module I suspect you will want to reference these objects.

Yes. The CMS stubs I created to allow your tools
to function reference no cryptographic algorithms.

> Also, there are a bunch of problems having to do with the XML value that
> you provided in the document.  Let me know if you want me to determine
> what all the problems are.  Some that I have identified so far are:

There should be no XML in the document. There is an
example being developed on my web site. But this will
not likely appear in our standard.

My understanding is that Alessandro agreed to supply
example encodings for the Example section of the XCBF
document. Not sure what we should source for these.
We have the Secugen examples, but they are not too
useful as they claim to be signed and encrypted, but
contain no key management information.

It may be that we will need to contrive a few simple
examples as I am doing on my web site to demonstrate
features of the Schema - optional header componenets
in BiometricHeader, optional BiometricHeaders in the
PrivacyObjects type, etc.

Once we settle on these, we will likely wish to also
show alternative encodings for PER and DER. I'll leave
that you the submitter to propose and of course the
group to decide. Processing times for the different
encodings may also be helpful.

Phil