Subject: Re: [xcbf] SignedData Attributes - DigitalSignature Attributes

Not at all. Only the inputs to cryptographic
processing need to be in canonical form. The
suggested attributes will exist in the wrapper
that carries this information.

Note that in IETF SMIME CMS (and X9.73 CMS),
which defines SignedData, the encoding is BER
for everything but the DER payload that is
signed.

This is the same technique I wish to apply
here.

Phil