Subject: [xcbf] XCBF Committee Specification

Dear XCBF members,

I am nearing completion of the final draft for review prior to our upcoming
face to face meeting next month in Baltimore. I hope to post this draft to the
XCBF web page no later than noon tomorrow, November 17. This will be
the working draft for the meeting, and all comments processed in the F2F
should be based on this version of the document.

Following the F2F in Baltimore, final meeting edit changes will be made
and any additional text needed to complete the work will be included.
I will then post the document to the XCBF web site and call for a ballot
and ask for you to vote to approve this document as an OASIS
Committee Specification.

Please review the document that I post tomorrow carefully and make
any comments to the list or directly to me. I will collect all comments
received up until a few days prior to the F2F and post these to the
mailing list. These comments will also be an important input to the
F2F meeting. All comments should include suggested corrections.
This is most important if you wish to comment but are unable to
attend the F2F.

Following the Committee Specification ballot, and pending the outcome
of that vote, we will need to decide whether to submit the document to
OASIS for consideration as an OASIS Standard.

Please note the following from
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.shtml#spec_standard

Committee Specification

The Committee Specification is the completed and approved work of the
TC; the individual members of the TC vote to approve the work at this level.
Committee Specification is work-complete, and people and organizations
may start implementing it without having to wait for OASIS Standard status,
but the approval of the specification by OASIS members gives additional
credence to the spec. There is no requirement that the TC also submit the
Committee Specification for consideration as an OASIS Standard.

The vote to approve the work as a Committee Specification requires a 2/3
vote of TC members, with no more than 1/4 objecting. As with other TC
decisions, this decision should minuted and posted to the mail list and web
page. The TC chair should also notify the TC Administrator so that the
specification can be added to a web page listing Committee Specifications.

Phil