Subject: Re: [xcbf] Ballot

Alessandro,

I agree that we can not make major changes to the ASN.1 modules
at this point in the process, without suffering significant delay. But my
description of an approach was more theoretical and less practical
than Ed's. His was to simply transfer Base64 in the octet string.

Ed's approach allows us to implement XCBF now (in his tools and
yours using a directive) with no changes to our applications later if
we add the encoding control notation to the module. This gives us
a seamless way forward with no impact on products.

Phil