Subject: RE: [xcbf] Interpretation of the CS under ballot

Phil,

Please see Phil Griffin's comments to the previous ballot:

-------------------------
The OCTET STRING type can be used to transfer these objects and to
verify that the data is "ASN.1-valid" with respect to the XCBF ASN.1
Schema. This data, then represented as hexadecimal characters, can be
subsequently transformed by a receiving  application into Base64
characters.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.  At least we are all aware that
much work is still needed on this document before it has a reasonable
level of quality.

Alessandro