Subject: Re: [xcbf] Interpretation of the CS under ballot

Title:
Bancroft,

I agree that a doubling of the encoding (hex->Base64->hex)
or simply transferring hex would be a poor solution. That is why
we simply transfer Base64.

The text I placed in the document, "This component shall contain
a Base64 armored value", is needed because there is no Base64
type in ASN.1 and the type is defined in the schema as an OCTET
STRING.

Phil