Subject: Re: [xcbf] Groups - XCBF XML Common Biometric Format CS JLs alternativeproposal.doc uploaded

This proposal breaks compatibility with the current
XCBF 1.0 CS and with the US national standard
X9.84. This is not acceptable for me.

My understanding from discussions of now well over
a month ago, was that a simple footnote on a coming
ASN.1 standards amendment was the only change
necessary to create a new CS document, and to move
that revision forward to ballot as an OASIS standard.

I would vote yes to accept such a change. I will not
vote yes to accept the changes proposed that break
compatibility with the US national standard, or which
require an additional 30 day public comment and
review period.

I don't see that this flux serves any purpose but to
further delay progression of the work. A version two
of XCBF can accommodate any substantial changes,
as well as new content.

Phil Griffin