Subject: Re: [xcbf] An alternative proposal has been uploaded

> I would ask Ed to reconsider.  All mention of it is in informative
> tutorial material, not in normative text.

I have reconsidered, and, based on the phone conference arguments, would
like to get this finalized.  If the X.693 Amendment 1 could be removed from
the references and put in a footnote as an anticipated future standard, that
should do it.  I am also trying to track down the footnote referenced in the
following paragraph:

If the outer level encoding is BASIC-XER (or EXTENDED-XER - see footnote 2)
the binary value of the octet strings ...

Where can I find that?

Regards,

Ed