Subject: Re: [xcbf] XCBF spec voting

Tyky,

A few phone calls could be in order, to get all the TC companies to vote.

But I think it is only two that are missing, not ten?   Or have I misinterpreted
the e-mails?

John L

Tyky Aichelen wrote:

> I agree with Karl that the remaining ten XCBF TC roster companies must vote
> before the deadline.
> I think that all  the 13 TC roster companies must vote Yes.
>
> John Messing had indicated to me today that he will vote for Ameri.Bar
> Asso. by 8/31.
> I did contacted several days ago and asked Michael Weiner to vote yes, he
> is my company (IBM) voting rep, right Karl?
> Can all of you, please, please, ask your company rep to do the same?
>
> Best regards,
> Tyky Aichelen
> OASIS XML Common Biometric Format  TC Chair
>

>                       "Karl F. Best"
>                       <karl.best@oasis-        To:       xcbf@lists.oasis-open.org
>                       open.org>                cc:       Tyky Aichelen/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS, Jamie Clark
>                                                 <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
>                       08/28/2003 11:20         Subject:  [xcbf] XCBF spec voting
>                       AM
>                       Please respond to
>                       karl.best
>

> XCBF TC members:
>
> As of right now, the XCBF spec only has 21 votes of the 33 necessary to
> become an OASIS Standard.
>
> I note that only the following companies represented on the TC roster
> have voted:
>
> - LA County
> - Objective Systems
> - OSS Nokalva
>
> The following companies represented on the TC roster *have not* yet voted:
>
> - American Bar Assoc
> - Bank of America
> - BEA
> - Booz Allen
> - IBM
> - KPMG
> - Lockheed Martin
> - Microsoft
> - MTG Mgmt
> - RSA Security
>
> You're lacking 12 votes, and ten of those seem to be lacking from the TC
> membership. (I can't say much for a spec that doesn't even get votes
> from its own TC.)
>
> Please contact your company's voting rep and make sure that a ballot is
> cast before the deadline Sunday evening.
>
> -Karl

> the OASIS TC), go to
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xcbf/members/leave_workgroup.php
> .

PLEASE NOTE - As an anti-SPAM measure, e-mails will shortly
not be accepted by my machine from an unknown sender unless
the subject contains the phrase "Hi John".

If you pass my e-mail address to others (which I am very happy
for you to do) please tell them to include this phrase in the
subject line of their first mailing to me.  Thanks.

    Prof John Larmouth
    Larmouth T&PDS Ltd
    (Training and Protocol Development Services Ltd)
    1 Blueberry Road
    Bowdon                               j.larmouth@salford.ac.uk
    Cheshire WA14 3LS                    (put "Hi John" in subject)
    England
    Tel: +44 161 928 1605		Fax: +44 161 928 8069