Subject: XML Schema rep for XCBF

Hi Ed: Thanks for your kind words. And re the subject above: Yes, I share
your opinion and believe doing an XML schema for XCBF is useful for the
industry and in-line with OASIS scope.

Hi Bancroft: Thank you also for your kind and encouraging note last week
end.

Best regards,
Tyky Aichelen

                      "Ed Day"
                      <eday@obj-sys.com        To:       "xcbf" <xcbf@lists.oasis-open.org>
                      >                        cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: [xcbf] Re: RFC on Remote logon to Web Services
                      09/04/2003 06:55
                      AM

Hi Tyky,

Congratulations on your heroic effort to turn XCBF into an OASIS standard!

As to where we go from here, there is one thing that I would like
considered
for the next revision.  That is to provide an XML schema representation of
the current ASN.1 schema, possibly in an Appendix.  It is my feeling that
this standard did not do well in OASIS because OASIS is XML oriented and
ASN.1 is not well understood.  If an XML schema representation is provided,
more members will be able to comprehend the spec and I believe it will have
a better chance of getting implemented.

Regards,

Ed Day
Objective Systems, Inc.