xdi-editors message

Subject: Re: [xdi-editors] questions about browser-viewable copies on xdi.org

Hi Markus,

TC Admin publishes your aoproved CSDs and such to docs. The TCs do not write directly to it themselves. The reason nothing is there is that the TC has not formally approved anything yet.

/chet

-------- Original message --------
From: Markus Sabadello <markus.sabadello@xdi.org>
Date:12/10/2014 3:04 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: Robin Cover
Cc: Joseph Boyle , Drummond Reed , Chet Ensign , "Davis, Peter" , xdi-editors@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello Robin,

Thanks. How do we access the "OASIS Library"?
I see an xri/ dire
ctory from the old (related) TC, but xdi/ isn't even there:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/

Markus

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 3:09 AM, Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org> wrote:
Joseph,

1.  You wrote to Chet as follows:

When we upload drafts to Kavi, we get addresses on the server www.open-oasis.org like:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xdi/download.php/51637/xdi-core-1.0-wd01.xml

These never display correctly in the browser - pointing to a stylesheet at another subdomain doesn’t work (I assume due to usual browser Cross-Site Scripting restrictions), and there’s not a DocBook stylesheet and corresponding installation on www.oasis-open.org.

I think all bets are off when you try to use Kavi's password-protected URIs ( /apps/org/workgroup/ ) in connection with any XML documents (or even HTML documents) that may have relative references for stylesheets or other artifacts.

2.  If you want to experiment with publishing styled XML from Kavi, then you would use URIs like the following, but no assumptions could be made about resources in Kavi "directories", since Kavi has none (just flat space, and magic numbers which are assigned at upload time, and cannot be known in advance, making any kind of HTML/XML publishing effectively impossible, or highly impractical.  Here are the formats for resources that are not password protected

 [2014-01-29]
 [2013-12-04]
 [2013-12-04]

See this document for how to use the correct (public) URIs:

Publicly Accessible URIs
http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#accessibleURIs

3. I would effectively give up on Kavi for your current spec because you need the linked processing machinery.  To meet TC Process requirements, will need HTML as well as XML (and PDF) for your candidate (to-be-approved) documents, but you can just upload the XML and HTML formats to Kavi in ZIP format, where the ZIP includes the subdirectories with the processing machinery (files).

4. I suspect the XML version works on your GitHub installation because all the support files are in place there (subdirectories)

5. An example, targeted for publication in the OASIS Library, is available here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-conformance-to-CCTS/v1.0/cn01/UBL-conformance-to-CCTS-v1.0-cn01.xml
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-conformance-to-CCTS/v1.0/cn01/UBL-conformance-to-CCTS-v1.0-cn01.html

In that case, the XML serves as the editable source, so you similarly, need to generate PDF and HTML from the XML source.  But for the setup to render the XML in a browser (from the OASIS Library = docs.oasis-open.org) , see the declarations here, using the "db" subdirectory structure for the support files.  You probably cannot make that work for Kavi because Kavi has no notion of a "db" subdirectory

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
                 href=""background-color:rgb(255,255,0)">db/spec-0.6/stylesheets/oasis-note-html-offline.xsl"?>
<!--
  $Id: UBL-conformance-to-CCTS-v1.0-cn01.xml,v 1.1 2014/04/18 17:54:59 admin Exp $
  Single quote: &#8217; Double quotes: &#8220;&#8221;
-->
<!DOCTYPE article
  PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN"
  "db/spec-0.6/docbook/docbookx.dtd"
[
<!-- the document properties-->
<!ENTITY dir "UBL-conformance-to-CCTS">
<!ENTITY name "&dir;-v&version;">
<!ENTITY pstage "cnd01">
<!ENTITY version "1.0">
<!ENTITY stage "cn01">
<!ENTITY title "UBL Conformance to ebXML CCTS ISO/TS 15000-5:2005 Version &version;">
<!ENTITY note "Committee Note 01">
<!ENTITY pubdate "23 April 2014"><!--remove time from pub date-->
]>
<article status="&note;">

[6] Ken Holman's Publishing package

If you are not using the most recent version of Ken's publishing package, you can fetch it here.  In the email thread (xdi-editors) I spotted a lot of variant (evidently older-style) setups and XSL files.  I would try to us this:

OASIS Specification in DocBook XML Version 0.6 Working Draft 10
* oasis-specification-20140417-2300z.zip (8MB)
Description Revisions to PDF footer and packaging
Group OASIS Code List Representation TC
Folder Temporary files and sandbox
Submitter Mr. Ken Holman
Date Submitted Friday, 18 April 2014 11:32am

Cheers, and I hope the above helps.  If not, we can try again and/or ask Ken.

But for your OASIS approved Work Products, publication in the OASIS Library should be your target for the design of URI references (relative where possible, I thiink).

- Robin