xdi-editors message

Subject: Re: [xdi-editors] Call tomorrow

Peter, I had been thinking about the same thing. We had progress going on on multiple specs last fall, and then when the participants working on Respect Network effort stalled, we lost momentum.

The only specs that I are actively being worked on right now are:
  1. Core, for sure, since Joseph and I are driving that, and that's my #1 focus (after finishing the How XDI Builds on RDF paper).
  2. Your XDI RDF Profile spec—to the extent you are trying to push out a draft of this (I don't know your precise plans).
So, I guess it comes down to: do we need a separate Editor's call just to discuss progress/action items relative to those two specs right now, or can we just have ad hoc calls (when needed outside the main TC call)?

Myself, since I actually allocate 2 hours for the TC call (it frequently goes long) am happy putting it all in the main TC call each week for right now.

Also, I'll note that, assuming the Respect Network restart is completed, I expect that will increase the time I'm spending on spec editing, and probably Markus as well, plus I believe that once William Dyson and other Planetwork folks complete their funding, it will become a higher priority for to have finished specs, so they will be putting more resources on it too. But what we could do is restart the Editor's call once those milestones are reached.