xdi message

Subject: REMINDER: First XDI TC Meeting Friday 2/20 2 PM PT

To all prospective XDI TC members and observers:

A reminder that the first meeting of the XDI TC will be held this coming
Friday at 2 PM Pacific. We realize that time is not ideal for everyone but
it is only for this first call. (See my note below regarding XDI TC call
timing.) Call-in details and the agenda are provided in Geoffrey's message
copied below. Thank you to AMD for hosting the first meeting. On Friday's
call we will be asking for volunteers to host future calls on a rotating
schedule.

In case you are not familiar with OASIS TC membership rules, it is a
requirement for prospective members to attend the first meeting in order to
be a full voting member as of the commencement of the TC. If you cannot
attend this first meeting, you are of course still welcome to become a TC
member, however it will require going through the standard 3-meeting (or 60
days, whichever is sooner) waiting period. Attendance at all meetings is
optional for observers.

A few scheduling notes that will help us be efficient on the first call:

1) Since a group of XDI TC participants representing four organizations in
time zones around the world happened to be together in person in Seattle
yesterday, we discussed the issue of call timing and came to the conclusion
that the best time for XDI TC calls would be 7 AM Pacific/10 AM Eastern/4 PM
France/7:30 PM India/10PM Japan. If there is consensus on this timing, we
need only agree on the day of the week and we can settle an issue that
bogged down the XRI TC for several months. Please check your calendars and
be ready to confirm on Friday's call whether this time of day will work for
you and what day of the week will work best (the default choice is
Thursdays).

2) Since it is so close, an advance notice that we plan an informal XDI
"Birds of a Feather" meeting next Wednesday evening at the RSA Conference in
San Fransisco. On Friday's call we'll do a poll of who will be able to make
it.

3) We are planning on our first full 2-day TC f2f meeting at the OASIS
Symposium in New Orleans. The Symposium is April 26-27 and the TC meetings
will be April 28-29. If you haven't made hotels reservations yet, please do
so at http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/ .

4) Lastly, it will be very helpful prior to the first call to have reviewed
the XDI TC charter and white paper, both linked off the XDI TC home page at
www.oasis-open.org/committees/xdi/, as we will be discussing deliverables
and our schedule on the first call.

I look forward to talking with everyone on Friday.

=Drummond