xdi message

Subject: Detailed Agenda for First XDI TC Meeting Friday 2/20 2 PM PT

To all prospective XDI TC members and observers:

The OASIS TC process has specific requirements for the first meeting of a TC
(fully explained at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#firstmeeting). Given
that we have precisely an hour, Geoffrey and I have prepared the following
more detailed, time-scripted agenda for Friday's meeting.

Again, as per earlier emails, the call-in info is:

Date:  Friday, 20 February 2004
Time:  02:00pm - 03:00pm Pacific Time
US Domestic toll free:       866.365.4406
Intl. toll:             (+1) 303.248.9655
meeting ID: 	6022117

XDI TC FIRST MEETING AGENDA

2:00 - 2:05 - WAITING PERIOD FOR ALL CALLERS TO JOIN THE CALL.

2:05 - 2:06 - #1: WELCOME BY TC CONVENER (Drummond Reed).

2:06 - 2:10 - #2: ROLE CALL  BY CONVENER OF MEMBERS AND OBSERVERS
Each attendee should state their name, affiliation if any, and confirm if
they wish to be a TC member or an observer.

2:10 - 2:15 - #3: ELECTION OF THE CO-CHAIRS
Geoffrey Strongin, AMD, and Drummond Reed, Cordance, are nominated in the
charter. Other nominees will be accepted, then an open voice vote will be
held.

2:15 - 2:20 - #4: WELCOME BY OASIS STAFF AND REVIEW OF OASIS POLICY
Either Karl Best or Jamie Lewis or both will attend and go over applicable
OASIS policies.

2:20 - 2:25 - #5: VOTE ON STANDING RULES FOR THE TC
The only proposed standing rule at this time is to allow members to make
motions and initiate online ballots as a way to streamline decisionmaking.
Other motions to adopt standing rules can be made.

2:25 - 2:30 - #6: ASSIGNMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
We will accept nominations for Vice-Chair(s), Secretary/Webmaster, and
Liaisons. We have proposed liaisons with Trusted Computing Group (TCG),
Telemanagement Forum (TM Forum), and International Security, Trust, and
Privacy Alliance (ISTPA). Other liaisons may also be proposed.

2:30 - 2:40 - #7: CONFIRMATION OF MEETING SCHEDULE AND HOSTS

a) Telecons
An informal poll has produced a proposal for 2-hour telecons to be held
weekly on Wednesdays at 7 AM Pacific/10 AM Eastern/4 PM Paris/8:30 PM New
Delhi/Midnight Toyko. Following this schedule, every *other* call would be
an official TC meeting and the other calls would be working sessions. Please
be ready to indicate if this is a conflict for you and if so what other
options will work better.

b) Telecon Hosts
We will ask for volunteers to host the telecons on a rotating basis. If your
organization has teleconference capabilities and can host the weekly call,
we would appreciate your being part of the rotation.

c) RSA Conference "Birds of a Feather"
Although informal, we want to take advantage of next week's RSA Conference
to hold an informal briefing session on XDI for RSA attendees. We'll do a
quick poll of what XDI TC members will be able to attend.

d) First F2F Meeting - OASIS Symposium - April 28-29, New Orleans
We are planning on our first full 2-day TC f2f meeting at the OASIS
Symposium. The Symposium is April 26-27 and the TC meetings will be April
28-29. If you haven't made hotels reservations yet, please do
so at http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/ .

2:40 - 2:55 - #8: REVIEW OF TC CHARTER
We will review the purpose, goals, proposed deliverables, schedules, etc. If
any issues related to the charter are identified, we will assign action
items to address them.

2:55 - 3:00 - #9: REVIEW OF ACTION ITEMS AND CLOSING
The chairs/secretary will review assigned action items and confirm the
time/date of the next call.

*****