xdi message

Subject: RE: [xri] SAML Liason

Peter, thank you very much for taking on this role. With the growing
visibility of SAML, this will be a very important liaison for both the XRI
and XDI TCs.

Please do make a post to either list or raise the topic in telecons when you
see a particularly strong point of synergy or something we could do to
enhance interoperability.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter C Davis [mailto:peter.davis@neustar.biz]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 7:31 AM
To: XDI TC
Cc: xri@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xri] SAML Liason

I am now officially the liason to XRI/XDI for the SSTC (SAML).
Following some conversations I have had with DaveM and Drummond, I need
to compile a set of requests for:

- XDI requirements of the SSTC
- XRI requirements of the SSTC

Similarly, once we get out of use-case mode, and start drafting
proposals, we need to consider where SAML can be leveraged within the
XDI protocol stack (if at all).  Current thinking:

- SAML Assertions for XRI resolution
- SAML Attribute Assertions for Data Exchange within the context of a
link contract

among other potential areas...

I will begin the process of folding in XRI requirements of the SSTC (as
these specs are complete), and accumulate XDI-related requirements as
they occur.

If anyone has any XRI->SSTC requirements, please chime in!

thanks
--- peterd

OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xri/members/leave_workgroup.php