xdi message

Subject: Requirements drafting process

XDI TC Members and Observers,

We are now phasing into the requirements drafting process, with the goal of
having all major requirements and requirements-related open issues
identified going into our f2f in New Orleans three weeks away.

On this week's TC call we set out an assignment for all TC members, which is
to visit the XRI/XDI wiki Requirements page at
http://xrixdi.idcommons.net/moin.cgi/XdiRequirements or review the copy
below to see the proposed 9 major buckets of requirements.

Then, start pulling out specific requirements from the use cases you've been
drafting (or wishing you'd been drafting) and placing them in the
appropriate buckets. Nothing fancy, just use standard IETF "MUST", "SHOULD",
and "MAY" declarative sentences. The goal is produce a lot of good raw
material for the editors to sculpt into what we'll review in New Orleans.

So take a nice Easter Break weekend and then go at it hot and heavy early
next week, since our next call is next Wed. (7AM Pacific) and we'll spend
most of it discussing this subject.

Best,

=Drummond

Preliminar draft of proposed categories of requirements - please post others
as needed:

 * ["/Architecture"] - overall architectural constraints derived from the
Web/Dataweb architecture model
 * ["/Interoperability"] - requirements to be interoperable with specific
other specifications, e.g., XML, XRI, HTTP, SOAP, SAML, XACML, etc.
 * ["/Security"] - requirements to support XDI trust models.
 * ["/Privacy"] - requirements to support protection and usage control of
XDI data.
 * ["/Legal"] - requirements about the ability for XDI link contracts to
reflect legal relationships and enforceability
 * /SyncAndNotification - requirements to support synchronization and change
notification of linked XDI data.
 * /SearchAndDiscovery - requirements regarding search and discovery of XDI
resources.
 * ["/Registration"] - requirements around XRI registration and resolution
 * /OntologiesAndDictionaries - requirements around vocabulary sharing