xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Agenda for XDI TC Call Monday 4/19 5PM Pacific

Jean-Luc,

Indeed, as Fen and Marc indicated, there was some problem with the OASIS
email servers yesterday, so your mail only came through today.

Also, just to be clear: all OASIS email lists and web pages are public, and
are publicly indexable (by Google and all other search engines). The OASIS
chairs list has recently had a long discussion about the fact that this
exposes all our email addresses to spam harvestors, and OASIS is looking
into alternatives. Ironically, this is one very clear use of XRIs and XDI -
to switch from public to private addresses where access is based on
permissions. But we have to finish the XDI specs before we can propose this
to OASIS.

In any case, as Fen replied, I strongly agree with the mutual authentication
issue and do expect that XDI/SOAP will be able to use SAML, SPKI, or similar
mechanisms for this (XDI/HTTP would need to develop it natively).

As for your second point, please by all means do write up your use case,
ideally before our f2f meeting beginning next Wed. the 28th, as that way we
will be able to review it there. We will be having the dial-in portion of
the f2f on Thursday morning as per the agenda published to the list, so if
you can attend that we will go over it there.

Best,

=Drummond