xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] XML ID & XDI

Gabe,

Super big thanks for giving us a heads up on this in time for our f2f next
week. I haven't had time to read it in detail but it seems like it might be
quite relevant.

We'll miss you at the f2f but will have plenty for you to review afterwards
(much of which we hope to publish actively during the meeting if we can get
Internet access).

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2004 11:49 PM
To: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xdi] XML ID & XDI

XDI members may want to see the newish XML ID spec proposal which defines an
xml:id attribute globally for all XML documents. This could mean that any
XML document, no matter what the schema, could have xml:id attributes
sprinkled in elements throughout them, which could then be referenced in
links, no matter what the schema of the XML document containing those
elements containing the xml:id attributes ... (someone plz connect the dots
- its Friday afternoon and 5:30 and I have no business being at work ;-)

 http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xml-id-20040407/

	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International
Phone: +1.650.432.3696   Fax: +1.650.554.6817