xdi message

Subject: Prototypical use case attempt: Registration

At the TC f2f in New Orleans, we defined a set of Prototypical Use
Cases, see: http://xrixdi.idcommons.net/moin.cgi/UseCaseMatrix

As Victor and I are implementing a simple SSO system with Profile
Sharing (in the next few weeks!) these Use Cases are of great interest
to us, to say the least.  Tonight we created a first cut at a mechanism
for e-name registration, from the standpoint of what we are building,
e.g, a platform for members of communities to obtain e-names and then
use them across other (Identity Commons) communities.  See:
http://xrixdi.idcommons.net/moin.cgi/XdiUseCases/EnameRegistration

Note that I've also added a variation in which greater anonymity is
provided by requiring only one trust point, the Data Broker.

We are aware that XACML, SAML 2.0 and possibly other standards might
provide useful tools, but the truth is we don't have the time nor
resources (yet) to take full advantage of such work.  So as we cut
corners (speed and cost versus quality), we hope to benefit from this
body's greater knowledge of these standards and other best practices to
help keep us from falling off some obvious cliff.  (Not to mention the
most important standard of all in this work: XRI.)  Our goal is to
create initial implementations which will provide insights useful for
our ensuing reference implementations that will be fully standards
compliant.  We are soliciting your comments, criticisms and suggestions.

Next question: is anyone working on #2, Generic Data Sharing,
particularly WRT Create and Query, as that is our next hurdle.

TIA,
Fen and Victor (gonzo trailblazers)

PS: Our code is GPL licensed, and I expect it to be BSD licensed, too
(paving the way for commercial use) though this has not yet been finalized.