xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] XML 2004 Conference

Drummond,

I'm resending this 1) because I did not send it to the list before, 2)
I have more information now. The extra information is a URL where
anyone that's interested can go and see the project I am on. The web
site reflects prior work, done before I came on board, but gives a feel
for the projects direction -- http://www.rl.af.mil/tech/programs/cnms/

I've actually talked with my Gov. POC and I now have tentative approval
to do XDI work as part of my project and present on that work. The
title is [tentatively] "Building a Cross-Domain Network Management
System using XDI,
SAML, and XACML", so mine is more of an in the weeds technical level
presentation, almost a case study.

I hadn't talked to my Gov. POC yet when I sent out the email, which is
why I didn't mention it. I have more details, but I need to get
definite approval on what I can and can't release.

I'll have my hands full writing that abstract tonight, but can work
with Mark on an a more general abstract tomorrow during the morning
over email/chat. We can get it out to you for review in the afternoon,
make changes as needed in the evening, and still submit it for review
on Friday by the deadline, if that works for you Mark.

If accepted, this will be my first presentation at a conference so I'd
suggest I only do one presentation and just take a co-author role on
the more general XDI paper/presentation. I'm willing to commit a large
amount of time to working on the TC paper and presentation slides, but
I don't want to bite off more than I can chew so I should only try to
present one presentation.

Whoever presented would just have to be one of the authors, i.e. a
member of the TC, but I think the presenter needs to be set when the
abstract is sent in, as the abstract guidelines say no substitutions
except in emergencies.

Sorry for short notice on this, I hadn't intended to attempt to present
this year but was persuaded otherwise,

Bill Barnhill