xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] reserved words disallowed for e-names

My resistance may come down to a matter of definition.

I've always considered e-names and e-numbers as fancy
words for non-persistent and persistent XRIs (respectively)
that can be used anywhere in the XDI web.

One important place they're used is in the = and @
namespaces, and I've seen those e-names / e-numbers
referred to as "global e-names / e-numbers".

If, however, I've gotten my definition of e-name/e-number
wrong, and they really mean "the things registered under
the = and @ namespaces", then the usage of the term
"global" is redundant.

If e-names really are defined the way I thought, then
I have a problem with reserved words in the e-name
specification.  They should be in the "global e-name"
specification.

I understand the reason behind restricting single and double
letter global e-names, but aside from "Example", I don't
see the reason to restrict any of those proposed e-names in
the global e-name specification.

=Loren