xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Groups - draft-xdi-metaschema-v2.xsd uploaded

Gabe,

Whoa! Is RelaxNG *really* that compact? Man, I thought the XSD was short
already, but this is absolutely miniscule.

Are you using RelaxNG in place of XSD or as a complement to it? Do you think
the XDI TC should specify the XDI metaschema in RelaxNG instead of XSD, or
in both, or what?

Thanks - this is fantastic info.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Wachob, Gabe [mailto:gwachob@visa.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 3:07 PM
To: drummond.reed@cordance.net; xdi@lists.oasis-open.org

Sorry for the bad syntax and aborted sentence ending in "broader". I was so
excited to see how clearly Drummond's proposed syntax become in RelaxNG that
I hit send before I had actually finished it.

The sentence I didn't finish was going to talk about how RelaxNG is part of
a framework called DSDL that includes the ability to validate documents in a
number of ways. For XDI, I suspect anything beyond RelaxNG is overkill
(perhaps the use of Schematron would be beneficial too, however -
http://www.schematron.com). More info on DSDL can be found at
http://www.dsdl.org

 	-Gabe

gwachob@visa.com