xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Groups - draft-xdi-metaschema-v3.xsd uploaded

Please only answer this question in your spare time, as I am just an observer....

When I look at this schema, it isn't obvious to me that the Schema 'maps' one data store to another.  I am missing the basics here, and I hope you can help me catch up.  If the example is saying that a vendor has a field called "note" that is a string, how does the schema show us where this field's data goes in the local database?  Say the field "note", we want to put in a local field "comments", how does the schema depict that?

- <element name="note">
- <simpleType>
  <restriction base="string" />
  </simpleType>
  </element>

Thanks,

Will St. Germain IV
willstg@us.ibm.com
Senior Transition and Information Architect,
303-924-1547

"Wachob, Gabe" <gwachob@visa.com>

06/29/2004 05:38 PM

<drummond.reed@cordance.net>, <xdi@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
Subject
RE: [xdi] Groups - draft-xdi-metaschema-v3.xsd uploaded

Drummond-
                Here's the RelaxNG Compact Syntax schema for your v3 proposal...

                -Gabe

------------------------

default namespace="http://xdi.oasis-open.org"
start=Resource

anyelement = (element * { (attribute * {text} | text | anyelement) * })

RefContent= attribute root {xsd:boolean}?,
       attribute link {xsd:boolean}?,
       element note {xsd:string} *,
                element xri {xsd:string} +,
                element data { anyelement *} ?,
                Resource *,
                anyelement *

Resource = element resource {RefContent}

gwachob@visa.com
Chief Systems Architect
Technology Strategies and Standards
Visa International