xdi message

Subject: Call today will be shortened

XDI TC Members and Observers,

I have heard from a number of TC members that due to holiday engagements,
they will not be able to stay for the entire call. Since I too am in that
position, we will shorten today's call to a maximum of 1 hour (and possibly
even less, depending on how fast we can get through the agenda.)

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Drummond Reed [mailto:drummond.reed@cordance.net]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 11:05 PM
To: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xdi] Agenda - XDI TC Call Wed. 12/22 5PM-7PM Pacific / Thur. 12/23
10AM-Noon Japan

XDI TC Members and Observers:

Following is the date/time, call-in info, and agenda for the next XDI TC
telecon, which is an OFFICIAL meeting:

Date:  Wednesday, 22 December 2004 USA / Thursday 23 December 2004 Japan
Time:  05:00pm - 07:00pm Pacific Time / 10:00am - Noon Japan

US Domestic Toll Free: 866.365.4406
Intl. Toll: (+1) 303.248.9655
Meeting ID: 6022117

ROLL CALL

1) CALL TO ORDER
a) Approval of previous minutes
b) Agenda review and additions
c) Announcements (especially for XDI TC home page)
d) Review of outstanding action items

2) OASIS SYMPOSIUM SUBMISSION UPDATE (DRUMMOND REED)

3) XRI 2.0 STATUS UPDATE (DAVE MCALPIN)

4) V2 UNIVERSAL SCHEMA & ADDRESSING RULES PROPOSAL
We will review the six documents listed in the email message appended below
(sent earlier to the XDI TC list). We will discuss the changes in the v2
universal schema proposal, review the examples, review the XDI graph model,
and review the addressing rule proposal. Our goal will be to decide what
other revisions may be necessary before we are ready to publish our first
experimental draft.

5) CLOSING AND NEXT MEETING

***COPY OF EARLIER EMAIL TO LIST***

XDI TC Members and Observers,

Happy Holidays! Your early Christmas present is six fresh new documents
detailing the v2 XDI universal schema proposal, uploaded in preparation for
this week's TC call (our final call of the year.) This email summarizes and
provides links to these documents for easy reference.

1) V2 XDI UNIVERSAL SCHEMA PROPOSAL
The term "universal" has evolved for the third XDI markup model (after
"Inline" for the first model and "Enveloped" for the second) because after
reviewing the two XDI schema proposals from the last call, it became
apparent that they could easily be combined into a single schema. This had
several clear advantages:

* It requires only one XDI schema namespace.
* It eliminates any potential confusion about overlapping elements if there
was more than one XDI schema.
* XDI documents that use the Universal markup model can easily incorporate
XDI documents that use the Inline or Enveloped models.
* It lends itself to a clean set of XDI Addressing rules that accommodate
all three markup models.

Besides folding in the Enveloped schema as proposed by Dave McAlpin almost
verbatim, the v2 proposal incorporates other feedback from the v1 proposal,
including revised semantics for referencing and a Backlinks collection
element. The XSD file is posted at:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10754/draft-xdi-universal
-schema-v2.xsd>

2) ENVELOPED MODEL EXAMPLE
The same example of the Enveloped model posted in email by Dave (and
subsequently as a validated XML document by Fen) has been converted here
(with very few changes) to be conformant with the v2 universal schema
proposal:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10755/uni-schema-v2-examp
les-enveloped-model-v1.xml>

3) UNIVERSAL MODEL EXAMPLE - SHORT FORM BUSINESS CARD The v1 short form
business card example has been updated to conform to the v2 schema:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10756/uni-schema-v2-examp
les-bizcard-short-v1.xml>

4) UNIVERSAL MODEL EXAMPLE - LONG FORM BUSINESS CARD The v1 long form
business card example (where all the references have been expanded to be
included in the same XDI document) has also been updated to conform to the
v2 schema:

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10757/uni-schema-v2-examp
les-bizcard-long-v1.xml>

5) V2a UNIVERSAL SCHEMA MODEL SEMANTICS
This MS Word document has been updated to summarize the semantics of the
new/revised elements in the v2 universal schema. In addition it also
includes a new graphic at the end showing a visual representation of the
different elements of the XDI graph (very helpful when reading the XDI
Addressing Rules, below.) Note that v2a includes some corrections of missing
elements in v2, so you can ignore v2.

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10761/universal-schema-mo
del-semantics-v2a.doc>

6) V2 UNIVERSAL SCHEMA ADDRESSING RULES
Finally, the XDI Addressing document that accompanied earlier XDI schema
proposals has been completely updated to provide the addressing rules for
XRI addressing of all XDI Resources regardless of markup model. Note that it
does NOT yet provide addressing rules for the XMLRef, XMLTransforms, or
XMLTransform elements, which should follow the precedent in XML-Dsig.

<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/10760/universal-schema-ad
dressing-rules-v1.doc>