xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Groups - Sample XDI Document using v3a Univ. Schema (univ-schema-v3a-sample-XDI-document-v1.xml) uploaded

Here is an updated schema and a sample xdi doc that uses it. There are several changes that we made to the schema and they are:

1) We removed the collection elements (refs, resources, links, etc...). We did this as they were, in our opinion, simply unnecessary and a processing burden.

2)  We removed the 'physical' element and replaced the 'logical' element with the 'authority' element to reflect the new understanding of the logical data model.

3) We introduced a new element 'XDI Address', we did this because the XDI Address and the XRI are both logically and structurally different;

The XRI element logically indicates the location of 'this' node and can have 0, 1 or more of each of authority, type and instance elements. This establishes synonyms for nodes represented.

The XDI Address logically represents the target of 'this' arc and can only have 0 or 1 of each of authority, type and instance elements. (If there were more than one they would have to be synonyms anyway and therefore unnecessary, and if they weren't synonyms then the target is ambiguous and therefore invalid.)

Let me know what you think.

Andy Dale
ooTao

Phone: 877-213-7935
Fax: 877-213-7935

i-name: =Andy.Dale
http://public.xdi.org/=andy.dale

If you don't have your iName yet use this link:

  http://2idi.com/registrar/index.html?referral_code=ootao

Nat Sakimura <n-sakimura@nri.co.jp>

03/30/2005 06:05 PM

andy.dale@xdi.org
cc
xdi@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [xdi] Groups - Sample XDI Document using v3a Univ. Schema   (univ-schema-v3a-sample-XDI-document-v1.xml) uploaded

Hi.

It would be very helpful if you can post explanation notes to these two
documents so that people who were off-line can also cast thought and
start discussing it.

Nat