xdi message

Subject: Agenda - XDI TC Call Wed. 6/1 6PM-8PM Pacific / Thur. 6/2 10AM-Noon Japan

XDI TC Members and Observers:

Following is the date/time, call-in info, and agenda for the next XDI TC
telecon, which is an OFFICIAL meeting:

Date:  Wednesday, 1 June 2005 USA / Thursday 2 June 2005 Japan
Time:  06:00pm - 08:00pm Pacific Time / 10:00am - Noon Japan

Dial-in number: 760-477-2000
Access Code: 2647893

ROLL CALL

1) CALL TO ORDER
a) Approval of previous minutes
b) Agenda review and additions
c) Announcements (especially for XDI TC home page)
 * Geoffrey is taking a sabbatical during June and July and will be back
August 1.
d) Review of outstanding action items
 * Drummond has posted the collaboration team summary.
 * No action yet on the charter update or the XDI Use Cases & Req's doc.

2) WELCOME NEW TC MEMBERS
We will welcome Les Chasen and Ning Zhang of NeuStar to the TC.

3) XRI UPDATE
A brief update on the status of the XRI 2.0 Committee Draft review process
and the anticipated schedule for a vote.

4) COLLABORATION TEAM UPDATE
Drummond has posted the notes from the XDI TC F2F, as modified on the last
TC call, on the V1 deliverables and informal collaboration teams. See
http://xrixdi.idcommons.net/moin.cgi/XdiTc_2fCollaborationTeams. We will go
over these, gather reports, and make any necessary updates.

5) MEDSI PROJECT CALL
Sergio Gomez of the Spanish MEDSI project has contacted me about MEDSI using
XDI to perform controlled data interchange between hospitals that are part
of the MEDSI project. He would like to arrange a phone call this Friday
morning at 7am Pacific time with all XDI TC members who are available to
join. We will take volunteers and set up the logistics.

6) XDI GRAPH MAPPING EXAMPLES
Sergio asked a specific question in an email to me yesterday (appended
below) which raised the larger issue of the TC preparing a set of examples
of how data from different standard models can be mapped into/back from the
XDI graph. Three common cases:

 a) Relational databases
 b) Spreadsheets
 c) File systems

We will discuss the best way to publish such examples and take volunteers.

7) SUMMER SCHEDULES AND NEXT MEETING
Drummond will be on vacation at a family reunion during the next official
call. With Geoffrey on sabbatical, we will need another temporary chair for
this call. Drummond will also be on vacation during the July 27 call, so we
will need to arrange a chair for that meeting as well.

CLOSING

*********
QUESTION POSTED BY SERGIO GOMEZ, MEDSI PROJECT (from an email to Drummond on
5/27/05)