xdi message

Subject: Reminder - XDI TC Call Today 9/7 6PM-8PM Pacific /9/8 10AM-Noon Japan

XDI TC Members and Observers:

This is a reminder that after a 6-week hiatus, we are holding an XDI TC call
tonight (USA). This call is particularly important as we will discuss and
vote whether to convert to an online-only mode so future calls will be
unofficial.

Geoffrey and I will be doing the call together from the AMD offices in
Seattle.

Talk to you then,

=Drummond

*******LOGISTICS & AGENDA********

Following is the date/time, call-in info, and agenda for the next XDI TC
telecon, which is an OFFICIAL meeting:

Date:  Wednesday, 7 Sept 2005 USA / Thursday 8 Sept 2005 Japan
Time:  06:00pm - 08:00pm Pacific Time / 10:00am - Noon Japan

Dial-in number: 760-477-2000
Access Code: 2647893

ROLL CALL

1) CALL TO ORDER
a) Approval of previous minutes
b) Agenda review and additions
c) Announcements (especially for XDI TC home page)
d) Review of outstanding action items

2) UPDATE FROM SUMMER HIATUS
Since we haven't met in six weeks, we'll provide some time for TC members to
update each other on their various activities.

3) IPR TRANSITION
Due to the new IPR policy adopted in April, the XDI TC must officially
transition to a specific IPR mode within two years. The details are spelled
out in http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/transition_faq.php#4. We will
discuss this and find out how soon the majority of TC members plan to have
signed the new membership agreement.

4) PROPOSAL TO REVISE TC MEETING SCHEDULE
The recent revision in OASIS TC attendance rules, when combined with the
difficulty of scheduling calls when TC members live in time zones all over
the world, led to the suggestion that the XDI TC conduct all official
business online. Under this proposal, which is the same mode used by the XRI
TC, telecons would be unofficial (though still announced and minuted). We
will discuss this proposal and, if consensus is reached, vote on it.

5) XML TOOLS
Several TC members have asked about XML editors and schema validators that
support RelaxNG. We'll take recommendations from TC members.

6) UPDATE TO XDI SCHEMA AND ADDRESSING RULES
Prior to the meeting Drummond will upload a proposed revision to the XDI
schema and addressing rules that fully incorporates the proposal made early
this summer to support addressing "into the data", as well as addressing
resources across levels of the XDI graph and outside the XDI graph. It also
proposes a simplification to eliminates the Backlink element and reduce the
non-addressing schema elements to just Resource, Data, Ref, and Link.

7) NEW BUSINESS

8) CLOSING AND NEXT MEETING