xdi message

Subject: Agenda - XDI TC Call Wed 10/5 9AM-10AM Pacific 12-1PM Eastern

Following is the agenda for the XDI TC weekly unofficial call on Wednesdays
(9AM-10AM Pacific 12-1PM Eastern).

Dial-in number: 218-936-6666
Access Code: 2647893

ROLL CALL

1) BRIEF XRI 2.0 SPEC STATUS
Drummond will report on spec status.

2) CHARTER REVISION
Drummond will take a quick consensus about new deliverable dates in the
long-overdue update to our charter. We'll also discuss priorities and action
items to begin work on formal Working Drafts.

3) PRIORITY ATTRIBUTE DISCUSSION
Work on the issue of element priority in XRI Resolution 2.0 specification
has raised the question of whether we should incorporate the same attribute
in the XDI schema. Specifically, if a Resource or Link has two or more XRI
elements, should the XDI document author be able to include a priority
attribute that gives a consuming application guidance on which synonym has
top priority? Or should this be handled in a more XDI-model fashion, meaning
using a $priority resource.

4) SIMPLE SCHEMA IMPLICATIONS
The currently proposed XDI schema (see
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14620/draft-xdi-schema-v13
..xsd) makes the structure and navigation of XDI documents simpler. However
one of the key implications of this schema is that it loosens some of the
constraints on a strict three-level model (authority, type, instance).
Specifically, it does not inherently constrain either a type or an instance
to be one level, but instead relies on a dictionary model (cross-reference
to a type definition) to define the relationship of a type and an instance.

We'll discuss using some sample XDI documents in the v13 schema.

5) IMPLEMENTATION PRIORITIES
We'll do a quick survey of the next highest priorites for the TC members
doing implementations.