xdi message

Subject: OASIS TC Involvement at the May Symposium

XDI TC Members:

It seems early but it's time to start planning for a f2f at the OASIS
Symposium next May 9-12 -- in San Fransisco this time (New Orleans being a
little under the weather.)

Since we have scheduled deliverables in that time frame, this could form an
excellent milestone for us to work to.

Please mark you calendars for these dates.

=Drummond

-----Original Message-----
From: Jane Harnad [mailto:jane.harnad@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 1:59 PM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'Carol Geyer'; mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org; 'James Bryce Clark'
Subject: [chairs] OASIS TC Involvement at the May Symposium

Dear OASIS Technical Committee Chairs:

As you know, we have announced our annual spring OASIS Symposium, 9-12 May
2006 in San Francisco, California. As in past years, we're encouraging our
Technical Committees to schedule F2F meetings in conjunction with this
event. Details on holding a meeting during the event may be found on the web
site at: http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/tc_meetings.php.

In addition to hosting OASIS TC Meetings, we're planning several special
"member-related" events at the Symposium. One such event will be our now
annual "OASIS TC Lightning Rounds". To accommodate the growing number of
OASIS TCs, this year we'll schedule the TC Lightning Rounds over three
sessions. Each day of the Symposium, one hour will be devoted to TC
Lightning Rounds. As you know, this is a great opportunity to educate the
members on what your TC is accomplishing, find out the status of related
work, appeal for input, and identify areas for liaison and development. Each
TC should designate one representative to deliver a short presentation on
the work of the TC. Presentations will be compiled and posted on the OASIS
web site for future reference. Similar to last year, we are hoping for
approximately 3-4 slides or 2-3 minutes worth of compact status data and
pointers per TC.

Standards work is significantly improved by the kind of broad
cross-fertilization that the Symposium facilitates. We do hope you consider
this great opportunity for we want to emphasize how important co-location
and community-building is to our work at OASIS. We had a great turnout last
year and are very hopeful that our co-location option will be even more
positive this year.

As an OASIS TC chair, your help is needed to:

1. discuss the advantages of holding a F2F at the Symposium during your next
TC meeting

2. reserve TC meeting space using the online form
(http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/tc_meetings.php), as soon
as possible, so space can be allocated

3. and designate a representative to deliver an update on your TC's work
during our TC Lightning Round Sessions

Thank you in advance for your support. We look forward to seeing you all in
San Francisco.

Regards,
Jane

Jane Harnad
Manager of Events
OASIS
jane.harnad@oasis-open.org
+1978-667-5115 ext 214
Office Hours:  Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday