xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] OASIS-Symposium submission

Bill,

Pardon my taking forever to respond. Part of it was still working out the details; part was the holiday rush.

Anyway, the final conclusion was that it will be an XRI TC submission on identifier interoperability that will feature the Network Applications Consortium XRI Profile. So it will feature XRI syntax and resolution, but won't have anything to do directly with XDI.

Jane Harnad of OASIS has told me the submission deadline is being extended, so if you haven't submitted yet, by all means please do.

Best,

=Drummond

From: Barnhill William [mailto:barnhill_william@bah.com]
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 8:43 AM
To: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xdi] OASIS-Symposium submission

Per conversation with Drummond on the XRI TC telecon, I am letting you all know the gist of my submissions so we don't duplicate our efforts and so we can leverage each others presentations. Two submissions for the symposium, one on transitioning specification documents from plain text in order to promote interoperability, and one on creating interoperable standards by leveraging meta-markup languages such as RDF and XDI, rather than creating a new domain specific markup language. Both of these will discuss using XDI, but XDI is not the focus of either presentation, just one of the best tools proposed for use in achieving interop.

I know there are some possible abstract submissions from other TC members, and I'd love to hear the gist of your abstracts so we make sure we present a common picture to the symposium, and so we can where appropriate not have to cover the same topics. When it gets closer to presentation time I'd also welcome any of the TC members who want to act as sounding board for presentation drafts, and offer my time to do the same.

Thanks,

Bill Barnhill

Booz Allen Hamilton