xdi message

Subject: Proposed agenda for f2f meeting this week

XDI TC Members and Observers:

We will be holding our f2f meeting this week at the OASIS Symposium. Due to TC member’s schedules, we will be concentrating our efforts on our session on Thursday the 11th. Both Wednesday’s (1-5pm) and Friday’s (9-2pm) meetings will be informal working sessions (without dial-in) to discuss:

a) Dependencies we have on XRI infrastructure,

b) Feedback from early XDI deployments

c) Next stage XDI deployment/testing issues.

Our formal meeting (with dial-in) will be Thursday, beginning at lunch (noon) and then run from 1pm to 6pm. We will publish a dial-in number to the list as soon as we know it). The proposed agenda is:

1) Agenda review and prioritization.

2) Discussion and approval of the updated XDI TC charter:

            http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18082/xdi-charter-02-v4.doc

3) Brief discussion of the V15 XDI schema and our schedule for publishing it as a Working Draft:

            http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/18081/draft-xdi-schema-v15.xsd

4) Discussion of the concept of defining a programmatic conversion between XDI documents in the native XDI schema and conventional XML documents and XML schemas that can be processed more easily by conventional XML tools.

5) Discussion of the shortest steps that can be taken for implementers who want to begin using XDI-over-HTTP as a trusted data sharing protocol with simple link contracts (Victor’s suggestion).

6) Concensus on spec tasks over the next year.

Please send any additional suggestions/revisions to the list. Otherwise we’ll see you either Wednesday afternoon or Thursday at lunch.

=Drummond