xdi message

Subject: Ramping up after Digital ID World

Fellow XDI TC Members:

Digital ID World 2006 just ended and I was personally very pleased at the progress that is being made with digital identity and data sharing infrastructure. From an XRI/XDI perspective, it was a very successful conference. XRI is now integrated into the OpenID platform, is an addressing option in Higgins, and is the underpinning of the XDI.org infrastructure for i-brokers. And there were quite a few references to XDI at this conference even though we have no published specifications yet.

I was able to have one in-depth session on XDI with Johannes Ernst of Netmesh, whose company Netmesh specializes in identity and distributed data management. He blogged about it at…

            http://netmesh.info/jernst/Digital_Identity/xdi-intro-by-drummond.html

…and I blogged about it further at…

            http://www.equalsdrummond.name/?p=81

The message here is that is it indeed time for us to move back into full swing, including restarting weekly phone calls. The challenge, as always, is to find a time that works for all the TC members who would like to participate on these calls. (Per TC policy set last year, telecons are not official meetings so attendance is not required to maintain voting membership.)

Currently the XRI TC holds a weekly telecon on Thursdays at 4PM Pacific, so that is a hard conflict for those of us who belong to that TC. Since the XRI TC does not expect to continue holding regular weekly telecons once the XRI 2.0 spec suite is finished (it will switch to scheduling telecons as needed), my first suggestion is to start using that same time slot as soon as the XRI TC “vacates” it.

However since time slot was chosen to primarily accommodate the XRI Resolution 2.0 editors, who live on the US West Coast and Austrialia, let me just start by asking anyone interested in participating in weekly phone calls devoted to the XDI 1.0 specs three questions:

1) Does the Thursday 4PM PT time slot work for you?

2) If not, what other time slot on Thursday works for you?

3) If not Thursday, what other time and day of the week works best for you?

Feel free to reply either to me or to the list, and I’ll collate the results and make a proposal.

=Drummond (i-name: =drummond.reed, http://xri.net/=drummond.reed)