xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Weekly TC telecons

Bill,

Sorry for the slow response -- I was offline during the Thanksgiving break
and am still catching up on email.

I very much endorse the idea of returning to regular unofficial calls, the
same way the XRI TC does, and Thursday 3-4PT is a good time slot for me (the
XRI TC calls are 4-6PT). Anyone else on the list, if is this is NOT a good
time slot for you, please email the list and propose and alternate.
Otherwise *silence will be deemed consent*.

Bill, you mention starting Thursday the 8th, however I assume you meant
Thursday the 7th. Right now Marty Schleiff, Laurie Rae, Gabe Wachob, and I
are meeting in S.F. on that day (the day after the Internet Identity
Workshop which runs from the 4th through the 6th). The meeting is to go over
the XRI $ Dictionary specification draft that Marty and Laurie and I have
been developing. Since there is very strong synergy between the XRI $
Dictionary and the XDI $ Dictionary, I think we can justify taking an hour
to have an XDI TC call before the XRI TC call at 4PM.

I like your suggested agenda items, and agree that they will take several
meetings to get through. Also I know Andy Dale will be on an extended break
with his wife and family through the end of the year, so we'll want to hold
final decisions on some of these topics until he's back.

As a final note, the priority of finishing the XRI 2.0 spec cycle has not
changed -- myself and others on the XRI TC still need to give that top
billing until it is done. That's the primary factor delaying my having more
time to put into XDI. However steadily more synergy is developing,
particularly in the dictionary work, so I am in agreement that we need to
start ramping up the XDI TC work starting with this call on Dec. 7th.

Again, if anyone on the TC would like to participate in weekly calls but
cannot make a Thursday 3-4PM PT time slot, please email the list with an
alternate proposal.

Otherwise, let's plan on restarting weekly calls on Thursday, Dec. 7th,
3-4PM PT. I will send out a telecon number and agenda the day before each
call. (I'll sync up with Bill to structure the agenda items he suggests
below.)

=Drummond