xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Groups - Example Business Card Using V18 Schema (v18-Example-Bizcard-v1.xml) uploaded

It's a question that has come up before from Victor, myself, and others.
I think there is differentiation between XDI and RDF, centering around
four things:
.. A similar model, but simpler syntax..though as we evolve $ word
dictionary and such I wonder if we will start to approach RDF
complexity.
.. Use of XRI and all that implies rather than URIs
.. Links and link contracts
.. XDI is the glue that links together distributed RDF.

This may have been proposed before, but I think it'd be a big plus to
have a document that discusses the similarities between XDI and RDF, the
differences, and how the two are complimentary rather than competitive.

We may get a negative response, or no response, but it seems unlikely to
hurt if we ask Tim Berners-Lee for comments on the document. If he
responds it would at the least be good experience defending XDI, in the
best case we win him over as cautiously supporting XDI along side RDF.

What do you think?

Bill

--
William Barnhill                    Phone: (315) 491-6765
Associate                           Email: barnhill_william@bah.com