xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 2006-12-21

Following are the minutes for the unofficial XDI TC telecon at:

Date:  Thursday, 21 December 2006 USA (Friday morning Asia)
Time:  3:00PM - 4:00PM PT

ATTENDING

Steve Churchill
Bill Barnhill
Les Chasen
Drummond Reed
Gabe Wachob
Laurie Rae

AGENDA

1) IPR TRANSITION REQUEST VOTE
A reminder to all voting members to vote on this ballot:

	http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xdi/ballot.php?id=1181

A majority have already voted in favor but it is very important for all
voting members to vote as that's how we track voting membership
qualification.

2) V18 SCHEMA
We had another brief discussion of the proposed subject/predicate/object
element names in V18. Steve would prefer to remain with "authority" for the
first level, and Bill observed that the authority/type/instance terminology
is currently working well for him. We agreed to revisit this as we proceed
with our other work.

3) DEMONSTRATION OF MYXDI SERVICE
Steve explained the status of ooTao's new release MyXDI server, which was
not quite ready for release prior to the call, but should be ready by the
end of the week. However he was able to run through a tutorial of how it
will be used, including a very interesting and powerful use of link
contracts for representing proxy connections, i.e., devices that can connect
on behalf of an XDI user to make XDI requests on behalf of the "logical"
user represented on an XDI server.

# STEVE to send out a mail to the list with a link to the MyXDI SDK when it
is ready.

We will do another review of the live SDK on the next call.

4) NEXT CALL
There will be no call next week due to the holidays. The next call with be
at the usual time on Thursday, Jan. 4th.

Happy Holidays,

=Drummond