xdi message

Subject: Separate questions about XRI Resolution WD 11 and XDI RDF

Peter, Bill, et al:

I think there was some confusion about the last few emails on the XRI and
XDI lists and agenda items for today's joint telecon. The topics on today's
telecon are entirely devoted to XRI Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 11, the
first editor's draft of which was posted last night:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24096/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-11-ed-01.doc

When I posted an email asking for review of the new section 8, Nat responded
by asking a question about HTTP response codes. At the same time he posted
to the XDI TC list a question asking about HTTP response codes for the XDI
protocol.

The two topics seem to have been confused. They are separate. The XDI
protocol and bindings are one topic, about which Bill has posted a separate
email, but that's not on today's agenda.

Peter, are you asking about the motivating use cases supported the proposed
changes to XRI Resolution 2.0, i.e., the changes in Working Draft 11? In
that case, the page to review is:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11

Of the 44 issues listed there, all but the purely mechanical ones have
explanations of the motivations, and the big ones (such as Canonical ID
verification) have separate pages that go into them in depth.

Hope this helps,

=Drummond