xdi message

Subject: Re: [xri] Agenda:Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon 10AM PT Thursday 2007-08-16

Sorry my Skype doesn't seem to work.. I will try to join a bit later..

Markus

On 8/15/07, Drummond Reed < drummond.reed@cordance.net> wrote:
Following is the agenda for a joint unofficial telecon of the XRI and XDI
TCs at:

Date:  Thursday, 16 August 2007 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 12:00PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial joint call of the XRI and XDI Technical Committees.

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 5474

AGENDA

1) TREATMENT OF SEMICOLON FOR MEDIA TYPE PARAMETERS IN PROXY RESOLUTION

Victor sent the following message to the XRI list today about this new
issue:

        http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200708/msg00013.html

Gabe just sent the following response:

         http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200708/msg00015.html

We'll discuss this issue first since it is critical to closure of XRI
Resolution 2.0.

2) CANONICALID AND GLOBALID

Other than the new issue above, this is the only normative issue (that I
know of) remaining in XRI Resolution 2.0 Working Draft 11 ED03
( http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24734/xri-resolution-v2.0
-wd-11-ed-03-clean.pdf).

We appear to be down to two choices, as summarized in a message Drummond
sent to the list
( http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200708/msg00010.html):

1) Allowing CanonicalID identifiers to be polyarchical (i.e., issued by any
identifier authority) and specifying a way for them to be verified, as is
currently done in ED03 sections 11 and 12.

1) Requiring CanonicalID identifiers to be hierarchical (i.e., can only be
issued by the authority for the XRD), so that only hierachical verification
is needed, and specifying an alternative mechanism for establishing identity
synonymity.

The goal on tomorrow's call is to select one of these two paths, and then
identify and assign the action items necessary to complete this for ED04.

3) OTHER FEEDBACK ON ED03

Drummond is back from vacation and is in the process of updating the WD11
issues/actions page to list all current open issues/actions of which is
aware:

         http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/Xri2Cd02/ResWorkingDraft11

Marcus and others have sent in feedback on ED03. Anyone else who has
feedback is urged to send it to the list before the call tomorrow. Drummond
will either reflect the revision directly in the ED04 draft he has already
started, or if it needs further discussion list it on the issues/actions
page.

4) ASSIGNMENTS AND SCHEDULE FOR ED04

At this final stage of editing, we need all editors to be actively involved.
The final part of the call will review assignments for ED04 (listed on the
issues/actions page) and set our goals for the next call next week.