xdi message

Subject: Minutes:Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon 10AM PT Thursday 2007-11-01

Following are the minutes of the joint unofficial telecon of the XRI and XDI
TCs at:

Date:  Thursday, 01 November 2007 USA
Time:  10:00AM - 12:00PM Pacific Time

Event Description:
Weekly unofficial joint call of the XRI and XDI Technical Committees.

KEY:
* = discussion point
# = action item

ATTENDING

Les Chasen
Wil Tan
John Bradley
Kermit Snelson
Drummond Reed
Markus Sabadello
Gabe Wachob
Victor Grey

AGENDA

1) REVIEW OF XRI RESOLUTION 2.0 WORKING DRAFT 11 ED07

ED07 was uploaded Wednesday night. The public links are:

PDF:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25938/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-11-ed-07.pdf

WORD:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25937/xri-resolution-v2.0-
wd-11-ed-07.doc

The focus of the call was review of changes in this draft and assignment of
the remaining action items to complete ED08, which will be the final review
draft before a Committee Draft vote.

Following are the items reviewed/discussed.

SECTION 9.1.4 - FAILOVER HANDLING

We read this section together and agreed that it covered the key points Les
wanted made.

SECTION 11.4 - HXRI ENCODING/DECODING RULES

We reviewed this section. No normative changes required, however Victor and
Wil suggested adding a table building up the example from the components of
the HXRI query.

# DRUMMOND to add this table.

FIGURES 2, 5, 7, AND 8

We reviewed the updated flowcharts, an in particular the new logic in Fig 7
that adds the test required during Redirect and Ref processing during the
optional SEP selection phase to see if the requested SEP has been found (and
if not to cycle through the remaining Redirects/Refs).

SECTION 12 - REDIRECT AND REF PROCESSING

Drummond explained that this is the one section in which he was not able to
make text revisions based on the flowchart feedback and discussion.

# DRUMMOND to make the text revisions to this section.

APPENDIX A - ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

We reviewed the new format and text.

# DRUMMOND to send a copy of Appendix A to the list to offer the "opt out"
option.

APPENDIX B - RELAXNG SCHEMAS

We reviewed the comments Gabe included in his posted versions of xrds.rnc
and xrd.rnc. We made the following decisions/action items:

* We will rely on XML:ID and remove the ID attribute that we had defined.

# DRUMMOND to make this change in the text.

* We will not add any separate pattern for the saml:Assertion namespace, but
note in the text that, "The schemas do not include the saml:Assertion
pattern for validation of elements from that namespace, however implementers
of SAML trusted resoluion SHOULD separately validate elements from that
namespace".

# DRUMMOND to add that text.

* We also agreed that we need to explain that in some cases the text of the
spec includes requirements that cannot be fully expressed in the schema.

# DRUMMOND to add this note.

# GABE to upload new RelaxNG schemas. (Note: this was done before the end of
the call.)

# DRUMMOND to update the XSD schemas.

2) ACTION ITEMS TO PUBLISH ED08 AND HOW COMMITTEE DRAFT 02 VOTE

We agreed that we wanted to publish ED08 by Monday, November 5, have final
review run no longer than until next week's telecon, and then hold the vote.

The other action items assigned were:

# ALL TC MEMBERS to review all change marks (or sections whose heading is
marked with a comment) in ED07 and send any revisions/feedback to the list
before Monday.

# WIL to do a close read-through of section 13 to make sure all his comments
were incorporated correctly.

# WIL to send Drummond an update to Appendix F with assistance from JOHN and
STEVE (or alternately reach a concensus to replace it with an external
reference).

at: