xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Re: [xri] Minutes:Joint XRI & XDI TC Telecon 10AM PT Thursday 2007-12-20

Peter-
	The point here is to make a strict subset, not an incompatible
version. That is, every XRDS/XRD-lite document is a legal XRDS/XRD document
and can be processed by a fully-semantically-enabled XRDS/XRD processor. It
wouldn't work the other way around, though (an XRD-lite processor wouldn't
or shouldn't be able to process an XRDS/XRD document with "beyond lite"
semantics and elements).

	Does this make you comfortable, or is there something about the
disallowed elements that raises flags? I'm not quite understanding the
practical issue you are raising.

	-Gabe