xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Re: again on numbering..

Heya Peter,

Hmm maybe there's a misunderstanding.. When I wrote lines like this:

=markus/+email!1/"markus.sabadello@gmail.com"

..I didn't mean this as an identifier that points somewhere. It's a very short way of writing down XDI data itself that's stored at some endpoint (e.g. at =markus' XDI endpoint)

The same data in X3 would be [=markus[+email!1["markus.sabadello@gmail.com"]]].

A POINTER to that data would look exactly as you propose I think, e.g.

=markus/+email!1

So there's no literal in the identifier itself, only in the XDI document the identifier points to.

Does that make any sense?

Markus