xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] Groups - XDI RDF v8 Comments-Barnhill (pdf) (XDI RDF v8 Comments-Barnhill.pdf) uploaded

From the standpoint of having already implemented this, the proposal of allowing a subject to be an XDI document (aka subcontext aka inner graph) is a nightmare..

I can think of at least the following immediate problems:
- Some of the serialization formats may not be able to express this.
- We always said that subjects in a graph must be unique. Can this still be enforced with inner graphs as subjects?
- What will XDI messages look like that make changes to these subjects?

I don't feel too secure about allowing literals as subjects either, but I can't really argue why at this point..

But I'm just thinking loud.. Of course all this is not necessarily a reason not to do it :)

Markus