xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Groups - On the extension of $word set in XDI (Draft-Contrib-OASIS-XDI-dollar-words-v03.pdf) uploaded

Just to second Markus’ though below, I found the idea of “double dollar” for XDI variables attractive. There’s not yet much history around that idea, but I think we should start experimenting with it to see how it works.

=Drummond

From: markus.sabadello@gmail.com [mailto:markus.sabadello@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 9:27 AM
To: Giovanni Bartolomeo
Cc: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org

Hmm I can think of two possible solutions:

1) Always require a subsegment for the number, i.e. only allow $any$1, $any$2, etc. but never $any alone. This way you avoid ambiguity. Or
2) Use something else for the variables, something that never occurs in your knowledge base. As far as I know $$1, $$2, $$3, etc. was previously used for variables in XDI.

Markus