xdi message

Subject: Re: $greater, $lesser, etc.

Hello Markus,

thanks for the effort you're putting on this subject. I'm out of
office these days, and can provide just a quick answer; I used +age in
the subject because, if I'm not wrong, definitions like this

=giovanni+phone+home/$type$xsd$string/"+39 06 4451843"

are valid in XDI. Assuming this holds, we're saying that
=giovanni+phone+home is of type string and has a value; a query like
this

($any$1+phone+home)
     $equals
         "+39 06 4451843"

should return

=giovanni+phone+home/$type$xsd$string/"+39 06 4451843"

What it is still a bit obscure to me are the following statements:

=giovanni/+phone+home/"+39 06 4451843"

=giovanni+phone/+home/"+39 06 4451843"

aren't they equivalent? furthermore, aren't they both asserting the
same as giovanni+phone+home/$type$xsd$string/"+39 06 4451843"?

Giovanni