xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2008-06-19

Following are the minutes of the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 19 June 2008 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time

ATTENDING

Giovanni Bartolomeo
Drummond Reed
Markus Sabadello
Fen LaBalme
John Bradley

AGENDA

1) VOTE ON XDI TC JOINING IDTRUST MEMBER SECTION

The vote was begun by TC Administrator Mary McRae yesterday. All TC voting
members should vote as soon as they can. We need only 3 more votes to have
the supermajority needed.

John noted that the IDtrust Steering Committee (of which he is a member) is
planning several events including a Symposium in London in September, all of
which become opportunities for evangelism for the XDI TC.

# DRUMMOND to send a vote reminder.

2) NEW SPECIFICATION TEAM PAGE

This page has been posted at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiOneSpecs

Please review the page and sign up for those specs on which you want to be
an editor or contributor.

3) NEW SPECIFICATION ISSUE PAGE

This page has been posted at:

	http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiOneIssues

Detailed issues pages for the first three issues have not been posted
yet, but will be added as we move forward on these issues. TC members should
feel free to begin adding more issues no matter which specs they impact.

4) XDI AND HIGGINS

Drummond and Markus gave some background about the XDI work that they and
Paul Trevithick have been doing within the Higgins Project. Although
context-independent access control was not in scope for Higgins 1.0, it is
now, and this is a direct corallary to XDI link contracts. Markus has
implemented the XDI RDF model in the XDI4J project within Higgins. It is a
generic XDI RDF library which is being adapted to different uses within
Higgins, and Markus is using it to test each new XDI function we discuss.
See:

	http://wiki.eclipse.org/XDI4j_Solution

5) SUMMER TC CALL SCHEDULE

We discussed the summer call schedule. Drummond is out next week and the
last 3 weeks in July. Giovanni is travelling the next two weeks. Fen is out
the second and third weeks of July.

Drummond will leave it to Bill to determine if we should try to hold a call
next week, and then we'll discuss the call schedule for the rest of the
summer on the July 3 call.