xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2008-07-10

Great point, Markus. Ironically I stopped short of introducing variables into the basic pattern when I posted this last night just to keep things focused on the core pattern. But I was thinking along the very same lines as far as applying variables. In addition, variables can be used within a contract instance as well to specify a range of resources that a contract applies to vs. just a specific resource instance.

This dovetails nicely with work the Higgins Project is doing in the same area right now. We’ll talk about that more on the call today.

=Drummond

From: markus.sabadello@gmail.com [mailto:markus.sabadello@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Markus Sabadello
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:24 AM
To: Drummond Reed
Cc: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org

I think what's missing on the LinkContractPattern page is an example for a "link contract template". Or is that concept deprecated now?

I'm asking because I was thinking about how to update my proposal for how link contracts in Nat's OpenID Trusted Data Exchange would look like:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xdi/document.php?document_id=28380

Maybe such a template ("Bob REQUESTS permission to access some attribute") could look like this:

$$$contract   <-- this indicates a link contract TEMPLATE, i.e. a request for something -->
        $is$a
                $contract
        $a$contract
                =!2222  <-- Bob is the one who requests a link contract -->
        $get
                /
                        $$
        $add
                /
                        $$
                                +y
                                +z
        $mod
                /
                        $$
                                +x
                                +y
                                +z
        $del
                /
                        $$
                                +x
                                +y
                                +z

Then the answer to that request (i.e. the "instantiated" link contract) with actual permissions given by Alice to Bob would be exactly this: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xdi/XdiOneIssues/LinkContractPattern#head-7b714236b726216c5aec36b9ceafdcdf7de1961b

Markus