xdi message

Subject: Re: [xdi] NRI link contract use case (was RE: [xdi] Agenda: XDI TCTelecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2008-07-10)

Hi Marcus,

 > Hmm correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it would make sense to
 > distinguish between a link contract and a template. Because it seems
 > that in TX the RP can specify "optional" and "required" attributes, and
 > then the OP makes the decision which attributes are actually exchanged.

Yes. If this is the case, distinguishing between a link contract and a
template is required. But my assumption of how OP behaved was that OP
just made decision if it accepted a link contract proposal(a template)
from RP. No modification in the contract by OP occurs. I was not sure
this part, so I want to ask Nat first.

Also, my impression of the current basic pattern was that it focuses on
*authorization*. My image of Link contract was something more like
*mutual agreement process or handshaking* for a specific contract
context. So signing from both parties(OP/RP) probably is required. RDFs
related to authorizatoin may be one of contexts that a Link Contract
handles but may not be a Link Contract itself. I thought that XDI
signature would be a part of Link contract. I missed the 7/3 telecon.
Sorry if you have talked about it already. I am very interested to see
how XDI signature works in Link contract.

Regards,
Tatsuki

Tatsuki Sakushima
NRI Pacific - Nomura Research Institute America, Inc.
TEL:(650)638-7258
SkypeIn:(650)209-4811

Markus Sabadello ????????: