xdi message

Subject: RE: [xdi] Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2008-09-18

Title: RE: [xdi] Agenda: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 1-2PM PT 2008-09-18

I apologize but am not going to make it due to client.

-----Original Message-----
From: Drummond Reed [mailto:drummond.reed@cordance.net]
Sent: Thu 9/18/2008 3:06 AM
To: xdi@lists.oasis-open.org

Following is the agenda for the unofficial telecon of the XDI TC at:

Date:  Thursday, 18 September 2008 USA
Time:  1:00PM - 2:00PM Pacific Time

TO ACCESS THE AUDIO CONFERENCE:
    Dial In Number: 571-434-5750
    Conference ID: 3526

AGENDA

1) STANDING RULE BALLOT

We need to have a second ballot on the following Standing Rule:

        "Standing Rule: Does the TC wish to adopt a standing rule to conduct
regular business only by electronic ballot, without Meetings, with the
exception of Meetings called for a special purpose with a minimum of 15
calendar days notice?"

2) TECH TOPIC: XDI CONTEXT DISCOVERY

Discovery is a hot topic right now. Eran Hammer-Lahav has posted an
excellent summary of what is needed to move to a general-purpose metadata
discovery protocol:

        http://www.hueniverse.com/hueniverse/2008/09/discovery-and-h.html

One of our planned XDI 1.0 specs is XDI Context Discovery. Our topic of
discussion is what role XDI might play as a general purpose discovery
format, similar to XRDS, POWDER, RDF, etc.